The Chamber wants to congratulate member LyondellBasell on this excellent honor – and for two years in a row! Congratulations LyondellBasell!
MORRIS – LyondellBasell, the operator of the Morris facility, has been named to Fortune Magazine’s 2019 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.” This is the second consecutive year that LyondellBasell earned this distinction and was ranked 4th in the chemical industry. Being included on this list is considered prestigious in terms of our corporate reputation.
“We owe this honor to our dedicated employees who operate with excellence and relentless focus every day,” said Megan Borchers, Public Relations Lead, in a news release. “I’m proud to work with such a wonderful group of people who help deliver solid performance and are deeply invested in our community.”
The list identifies the world’s most respected companies, as ranked by peers, board members and financial advisors on the company’s performance in nine key areas – the ability to attract and retain talent, the quality of management, social responsibility, innovation, quality of products and services, use of corporate assets, financial soundness, long-term investment value and global competitiveness.
In 2018, LyondellBasell:
▪ improved on its industry-leading safety record
▪ invested in the future by
• acquiring A. Schulman Inc., doubling its compounding business, opening new end markets and creating a platform for future growth
• breaking ground on the world’s largest Propylene Oxide/Tertiary Butyl Alcohol plant in Texas
• advancing its innovative solutions through the construction of the world’s first Hyperzone Polyethylene (PE) plant in Texas
▪ advanced sustainability and the circular economy through a first-ever plastics recycling partnership between a waste management company (Suez) and plastics producer (LyondellBasell)
▪ played a leadership role in founding the global, cross-value chain Alliance to End Plastic Waste.
“As we begin 2019, we remain committed to providing high quality products and services to our customers, while advancing important initiatives like the newly LyondellBasell Industries www.lyondellbasell.com
formed Alliance to End Plastic Waste and the commissioning of the world’s first Hyperzone PE plant,” said Bob Patel, CEO of LyondellBasell, in the release.