Region 2, which includes Grundy County, has been moved to Tier 1 effective immediately. With this move, numerous mitigations have changed for multiple industries, including the ability to have indoor dining again with limitations.
A summary of some of the industry details are below:
Bars & Restaurants
- All bars and restaurants close at 11 pm and may reopen no earlier than 6 am the following day
- Indoor service limited to the lesser of 25 guests or 25% capacity per room
- Establishments offering indoor service must serve food
- Indoor service reservations limited to 2-hour maximum duration and maximum 4 persons per party (dining only with members of the same household recommended)
- All bar and restaurant patrons should be seated at tables
- No ordering, seating, or congregating at bar (bar stools should be removed)
- Tables should be 6 feet apart
- No standing or congregating indoors or outdoors while waiting for a table or exiting
- No dancing or standing indoors
- Reservations required for each party
- No seating of multiple parties at one table
- Includes private clubs and country clubs
Meetings, social events and gatherings (including weddings, funerals, potlucks, etc.)
- Limit to lesser of 25 guests or 25% of overall room capacity both in and outdoors
- Applicable to professional, cultural and social group gatherings
- Not applicable to students participating in-person classroom learning, or sports.
- This does not reduce the overall facility capacity dictated by general Phase 4 business guidance such as office, personal care, retail, etc.
- No party buses
Tier 1 mitigations can be pulled back if region numbers get worse. Grundychamber.com and the Chamber’s social media pages continue to be updated with the most recent information relating to businesses and COVID-19.
If you have questions or if the Chamber can be of assistance during this time please email [email protected] or call 815-942-0113.
Christina Van Yperen
President & CEO