MORRIS, IL – Grundy County was made aware of a grant program which provides the County an opportunity to assist local restaurants and bars impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The County is excited to announce that the Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity has approved the County’s grant application.
Restaurants and bars located within incorporated and unincorporated Grundy County are encouraged to complete grant applications which can be found at:
Due to program guidelines, there is little time to receive and process applications. Grant submission information is detailed below:
•Submission must include:
o Completed application
o Signed State of Illinois grant certification
• Applicant’s restaurant or bar must be located in Grundy County
• Priority will be given to LOCALLY owned and operated establishments
• Grants funding will be awarded based on eligibility requirements, funding availability,and economic impact.
Applications must be received by 4:30 pm, January 11, 2021 at the following address:
1. Grundy County Administration Building – ATTN: Matt Melvin, 1320 Union Street, Morris,IL 60450 or
2. Electronically to [email protected]
“We are thrilled to have the opportunity to provide financial assistance to our local restaurants and bars”, said Chris Balkema, Grundy County Board Chairman. “Local restaurant and bar entrepreneurs that take a risk and invest in our community will hopefully be able to see a small bit of relief through this federal assistance package. I look forward to the day when all businesses are able to be 100% open for business.”